10 great things about birth conferences (not including the actual sessions!)
10. A weekend filled with birth stories
9. Being surrounded by people passionate about birth.
8. Regularly hearing words like placenta, vagina and cervix in the hotel lobby, restaurants and hallways.
7. Exhibitors displaying awesome birth products, art and educational items.
6. Learning about birth all over the world from birth workers who travelled to the conference.
5. Birth humor is appreciated and encouraged!
4. Access to birth celebrities! (Like Gail Tully, Debra Pascali Bonaro and Suzanne Arms)
3. Meeting other professionals who absolutely understand what you do. (No more "what's a doula?" Questions)
2. Birth tshirts, jewelry and pins are encouraged and admired.
1. Meeting the birth professionals you have gotten to know through social media in real life
- Alice Turner