2013 Doula Bag Memories
If my doula bag could talk I think it would have this to say about 2013.
2013 was a busy year for me. Thanks for letting me share some of my memories....
- 3 times I got to the hospital room, but the baby arrived before I could even be opened!
- The spare set of clothes was used in May, but not washed and returned until June.
- I was left in a hot van for days on end waiting for a client with a history of fast labors
- The Battery Operated Candles were used at almost every birth
- The snacks supply seem to come and go, sometimes I carried lots of snacks and sometimes not many at all. The mocha flavored almonds must not have been a bit because they remain untouched and are probably stale.
- I visited several homes during prenatal appointments and private childbirth classes where I got a chance to show off my contents.
- I was left on the hospital floor too many time to count. I really prefer sitting on a shelf when I visit a hospital. Have you seen what ends up on those floors?
- The Portable Ice Bin was sometimes returned to the bag wet (I don't like when that happens)
- Honey Sticks were popular this year and seemed to disappear as soon as they were stocked. Apparently doulas and their children like them too.
- 2013 was the year of FLAIR for me. I now wear a tiny Uterus Pin and a tiny Placenta Pin along with my doula button. Now I really look like a doula bag and not just a backpack.
- The end of October and beginning of November were insane. I traveled to different 4 hospitals and was used at 5 births.
- My new friend is the Peanut Ball. She seems to travel with me to most births. She usually gets left in the car, but we get her if we need her.
I wonder what adventures I'll go on in 2014!
- Alice Turner