Highlights of the Lamaze DONA Conference 14
The Lamaze DONA Conference in Kansas city was amazing. The speakers and sessions were fabulous. The exhibitors were excellent. Best of all, the time between the sessions were filled with wonderful networking with birth professionals. I have put together a video with my highlights from this awesome event below.
Take a peek at our video and find out more about my experience as a speaker, meeting my customers in real life and what it is like to bump into birth celebrites like Penny Simkin, Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Gail Tully.
More pics for you include:
Alice with 3 of the doulas from the Doula Collective of Tulsa.
Doula Sarah Goebel honored us by wearing the tshirt she purchased from us. LOVE THAT!
Don't forget to check out my Pinterest presentation blog and infographic.
Hold on to your seats! This isn't my only blog about the conference. Stay tuned for more to come including highlights from the speakers and sessions.
Did you attend the conference? Did you decide to skip it? Share your story in our comments below.
10 great things about birth conferences (not including the actual sessions!) 0
10. A weekend filled with birth stories
9. Being surrounded by people passionate about birth.
8. Regularly hearing words like placenta, vagina and cervix in the hotel lobby, restaurants and hallways.
7. Exhibitors displaying awesome birth products, art and educational items.
6. Learning about birth all over the world from birth workers who travelled to the conference.
5. Birth humor is appreciated and encouraged!
4. Access to birth celebrities! (Like Gail Tully, Debra Pascali Bonaro and Suzanne Arms)
3. Meeting other professionals who absolutely understand what you do. (No more "what's a doula?" Questions)
2. Birth tshirts, jewelry and pins are encouraged and admired.
1. Meeting the birth professionals you have gotten to know through social media in real life